I have to take a minute to mention all of the wonderful babies born recently! As many of you know, I am a huge fan of child birth. I LOVE it. I love experiencing it and watching it and talking about it. I LOVE IT! So when my good friends asked me to be at their births, I was elated.
Suzi's little girl came on July 23, 2009. I got a call from Suz about 1:30 am and she was ready to go. Tricia picked me up and we headed to Denton Presbyterian Hospital. I was taking photos until she was ready to push. Our neighbor brought Suzi's daughters up there, so I left to help them find the room and by the time we got back, little Erin Louise had been born. She looked like Maryclaire to me but like Jane when her eyes were open. She was 9lbs 7oz and I was shocked b/c Suzi did not look like she was carrying that size!! She was beautiful and the best, pinkest baby I had ever seen. So glad you are here Erin!
Tricia's son came on July 27, 2009. We were worried he may be big, so we were glad he came a couple weeks early. She had a slow labor but after her water broke, things really picked up. She had some hard contractions and nothing seemed to relieve her, then it was time. She had so much fluid! Samuel Thomas was born at 9:25pm weighing in at 9lbs 4oz. As soon as Dale picked him up I could not believe how much he looked like Hannah. I could even imagine Hannah's little voice coming out of him. It was so great to be there and be a part of this birth. Suzi, Sandee, Sheree, Stacee, Dale, Mickayla, Haylee, Madi, the midwives Jean and Betty, and another helper were all there. I was able to stay with Tricia and help hold Sam until she was ready to ride home. Which is what I did 2 and half years ago when Benjamin was born.
Liz's sweet baby girl came August 9, 2009. The day before I got a few texts letting me know her contractions had started and to be on call. I received a text at 1:35am and made my way to North Hills hospital. Liz was doing a great job and I was glad to be there for her. The hospital was very strict on vistors so they kicked me out before Milane Eliza was born at 8:06am. She was 7lbs 1oz. She reminded me of Klover with all her dark hair and she had the most perfect little face and head. She did not looked squished or swollen. I had fun chatting with Liz's mom, dad, and sister Laura. Mike's family then came to meet the baby and I was able to stay with Liz until Mike got back from the nursery with Milly.
No comments:
Post a Comment