Tuesday, October 13, 2009

camping at ray roberts


Our family went to Ray Roberts for a night of camping. Josh and Whitley met up with us and we packed our cars and went. We had to hike our gear to our site, and it stunk! But we finally got camp set up and we were hot! We all walked to the beach there, where the water was cold! Then we got a call from my dad and Rebecca to meet them on the boat dock for some tubing and kneeboarding. It was a beautiful weekend and perfect for camping and playing in the water.
That night after all were asleep Josh and I were sitting by the now dead fire. It was very dark. We heard some rustling in the trees and then we saw a skunk! It walked around our campsite and we were preparing to RUN! I hated to think that our tent might get sprayed bc I can't even think of how to get that smell out. So, I grabbed the closest thing...and threw some lighter fluid on the fire. Flames shot up and the skunk promptly turned his back to us and stuck his tail up. I did it again for fear of the smell.....and he ran away. SO glad to have escaped that!

No comments: