Father's day!
So far this month:
Ivy was promoted to 6th grade. I can't believe it. Her school had a big ceremony with cake and punch. It was exciting to go to but I have to say I am not looking forward to middle school...ugh. Or having teenagers for that matter. Well she'll only be 11 next month so I have a bit. Congratulations Ivy!! We love you and are so proud of you!!


I have discovered a new channel.... Ionlife and at 10pm a show called "Say Yes and Marry Me!" comes on. I love it. Its fun to watch others be surprised by a romantic proposal.
I am so sick of my house. I am tired of cleaning and organizing and painting and worrying about it. I just want to be done and have a normal carefree summer. My kids are tired of doing all of that too, bc I won't take them to the pool unless we have done lots of jobs first. Plus I think It makes me a bad friend/member of humanity. I can barely think of anything else, and I forget about other things. I don't like feeling that way. But Tim has finally gotten into looking at other houses and we enjoy doing that.
Poor Tim trying to adjust to having the kiddos home all day. They get loud and I am busy cleaning and reminding them to keep it down. On that note, Poor Z too! He gets woken up way too often from those noisy sisters. He loves playing with them though.
On June 10, we were at the Stamps house for band practice and a huge storm with crazy winds and rain blew through. We returned home to find a pool of water in the kitchen and broken fences in our backyard. UGH! Another thing to think about?? The fences took almost a week to get back up, but with everyone working together it happened. The neighbors all pitched in. I'm glad its over but it did bring a bit of drama to my life I wish would have been left out. Ahh, the woes to living in civilization. I did think about moving to the middle of the desert a few times.



We ripped up our vinyl bathroom flooring and scraped all of the adhesive up with the hopes of putting down nice shiny new tile. No tile yet, but I know it will be great when its all said and done.
And the pool is already like bath water and we haven't even reached 100 degrees yet. Its fun to go and see our friends and the kids love to swim. They are just like little fish. Even Zephraim loves to jump in and wiggle his way around the pool.
My aunt Kippi came to visit the first weekend of the month. She took the girls to get their toes painted and we all went to dinner to celebrate her birthday. I had a good visit with her, even though it was short.
Our little band has been putting in some time rehearsing for the Jubilee Celebration our Denton Stake is having July 24, 25. The more we practice the more comfortable I get and it really is lots of fun. I am excited about it. It will be a great weekend when it comes.
I have to mention, My little guy is 17 months old today. He is so big and we love him so much. he's a big boy now and we are all done nursing as of this week. Even though I am a little sad, I am looking forward to having me back to myself and continuing to watch him grow and grow.
Ivy was promoted to 6th grade. I can't believe it. Her school had a big ceremony with cake and punch. It was exciting to go to but I have to say I am not looking forward to middle school...ugh. Or having teenagers for that matter. Well she'll only be 11 next month so I have a bit. Congratulations Ivy!! We love you and are so proud of you!!
I have discovered a new channel.... Ionlife and at 10pm a show called "Say Yes and Marry Me!" comes on. I love it. Its fun to watch others be surprised by a romantic proposal.
I am so sick of my house. I am tired of cleaning and organizing and painting and worrying about it. I just want to be done and have a normal carefree summer. My kids are tired of doing all of that too, bc I won't take them to the pool unless we have done lots of jobs first. Plus I think It makes me a bad friend/member of humanity. I can barely think of anything else, and I forget about other things. I don't like feeling that way. But Tim has finally gotten into looking at other houses and we enjoy doing that.
Poor Tim trying to adjust to having the kiddos home all day. They get loud and I am busy cleaning and reminding them to keep it down. On that note, Poor Z too! He gets woken up way too often from those noisy sisters. He loves playing with them though.
On June 10, we were at the Stamps house for band practice and a huge storm with crazy winds and rain blew through. We returned home to find a pool of water in the kitchen and broken fences in our backyard. UGH! Another thing to think about?? The fences took almost a week to get back up, but with everyone working together it happened. The neighbors all pitched in. I'm glad its over but it did bring a bit of drama to my life I wish would have been left out. Ahh, the woes to living in civilization. I did think about moving to the middle of the desert a few times.
We ripped up our vinyl bathroom flooring and scraped all of the adhesive up with the hopes of putting down nice shiny new tile. No tile yet, but I know it will be great when its all said and done.
And the pool is already like bath water and we haven't even reached 100 degrees yet. Its fun to go and see our friends and the kids love to swim. They are just like little fish. Even Zephraim loves to jump in and wiggle his way around the pool.
My aunt Kippi came to visit the first weekend of the month. She took the girls to get their toes painted and we all went to dinner to celebrate her birthday. I had a good visit with her, even though it was short.
Our little band has been putting in some time rehearsing for the Jubilee Celebration our Denton Stake is having July 24, 25. The more we practice the more comfortable I get and it really is lots of fun. I am excited about it. It will be a great weekend when it comes.
I have to mention, My little guy is 17 months old today. He is so big and we love him so much. he's a big boy now and we are all done nursing as of this week. Even though I am a little sad, I am looking forward to having me back to myself and continuing to watch him grow and grow.
2 comments:
Wow, you really are busy! I hope you can get your house settled soon and feel good about it. I'm glad Rob could help with the tile, too. Good luck!
You do need a summer without worrying about your house! I hope you finish and find what you are looking for soon! I am sorry to hear you had water in your house after that storm, but glad we weren't the only ones!
Post a Comment