Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lately...

Lately I have felt so frustrated and worn out. Tim and I are ready to put our house up for sale and look for a bigger place. So we decided in April to see what we could accomplish as far as organizing, de-cluttering, packing up non-essential things for storage. Well April turned into May and we are still at it. We have added to the list taking things off the walls, filling holes, repainting, fixing broken things, re-caulking, and cleaning everything. Sometimes I feel very accomplished and others I feel super discouraged. I didn't know how crazy this would make me or how hard it is to find time to do more than just raise your family. When we do go out, I tend to feel guilty that we aren't at home working. Hopefully this will end soon and we will have a normal household again.
We are looking for any advice you are willing to share to help make this process work smoothly. This is our first time selling a house and I have to say it seems overwhelming. How do you keep your home looking like no one lives there when you have 4 crazy kiddos and 2 dogs? We are praying for the best outcome and we have faith that the Lord will show us the way.
That being said we miss our friends, but feel like we can't have people over because it sets us back in preparing our house. So if you would like to have us over to your place, we would love to come. We also like to go to the pool or park or anything to keeps the kids entertained this summer (and keep Tim's sanity as he works from home). Please keep us in your prayers and share your knowledge with us.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

hang in there!! im praying for you and for the house to sell quickly. take it one day at a time, you will be fine!

RachelFlores said...

So, I wasn't at it for long, but what worked for me was to get the kids breakfast, then sit them in front of the tv while I cleaned for 2+ hours (but you are a much better housekeeper than I am so it probably won't take you as long). I cleaned the kitchen and straightened everything, then vaccuumed or cleaned the bathrooms switching days for each and then picked one thing I usually never do, like dusting everything in the living room or cleaning the kitchen cabinets. And then (and this is the most important part) we left the house till it was time to go home and make dinner.

When we put our house up for sale we didn't have all the projects completed that we wanted, but the house looked decent, then we did improvement projects on the weekends. I hope your house sells really fast and everything goes well. It IS a big pain, but it doesn't last forever. If our house wasn't filled with boxes and 2/3 of my kitchen packed we would totally invite you over. Maybe we should plan on a dinner at McDonalds together?